- Make sure you choose a trip that includes everything you want to see or do
- RESEARCH....figure out what is going to be best for you...going on your own or doing an organized trip
- RESEARCH MORE...figure out what it is you want to do in each of the cities you are visiting this way you make the most of your time
- Book ahead...anytime you can, go ahead and purchase tickets beforehand either online or at a location where lines may not be as long
- Actually experience the culture...don't just go to the McDonalds in every city...try the local food, experience the local culture...try to learn some of the language...takes chances and risks...you never know when you will be back again
- Remember that you are going to have to pay to go to the bathroom, so make sure you have coins at all times
- Make a budget and stick to it
- Don't convert when you are on vacation...if you have a budget and you know how much you can spend, make sure you are only thinking in Euros...trust me...you don't want to be converting everything back because most times it will make you sick and make you miss out on experiences, food, or souvenirs that you will regret not doing or getting later...
- Know that its okay to overspend and overpack...and on the other hand, know its okay to not spend as much or pack as much as the rest of your tour
- Make sure you have the right converters for your electronics because it won't be good if you don't
- PACK A TRAVEL ALARM CLOCK....trust me, wake up calls don't always happen in Europe and you don't want to miss the buss or miss out on valuable time in each city, so its best that you have an alarm clock
- Be aware of the people around you in crowded cities...don't walk around paranoid because that will only make you stand out more, but do be aware...look after your money....don't flaunt the cash that you have and be careful at ATMs
- Always have some sort of emergency cash set aside for just in case moments
- Take a copy of all your important documents...passport, license, insurance etc...and have phone numbers of all your credit cards and have a copy of each credit card number for just in case
- Carry your passport with you at all times
- Make sure you do the research to find out if you are going to need a visa in any of the countries you will be visiting
- Be aware of the weather...winter is cold and wet in Europe, so pack for that type of weather
- If you drink the night before you are going into a new city, make sure you won't be too hungover to miss the sites or not appreciate everything you are seeing
- BRING MEDICINE!!!
- Live it up...do and experience as much as you can, because if you don't you will regret it
Friday, March 27, 2009
A Few More Tips...
Here are a few more tips, suggestions, and words of advice for your trip to Europe...